Thursday, October 21, 2010

This is disappointing.

With only 15 days left, the kickstart.com campaign to Save the Market Bakery is only 20% towards fulfillment, and has hardly moved for a week.  Thousands of people interested in local food in Oklahoma, but we are having a hard time coming up with $25K to ensure the survival of an important spoke in the local food wheel.  No one needs to bet the farm, one thousand $20 contributions would do it.  And if that's too much, how about a dollar or two or five?  Would that be so impossible?

Often we think that somebody else will step forward, and that I won't have to do anything.  Many many people have that attitude.  It's an attitude that will stop our progressing local food system, cold in its tracks. We can remain in our lethargy if that makes us comfortable, but the price of that is losing something important to our growing local food system.

I encourage everyone to make a pledge to help save the Market Bakery.  Just click on the link in the sidebar to this post.

AND -- please tell your friends.  Twitter, Facebook, groups, email listservs.  Spread the word and Save the Market Bakery!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know where or why I missed this, Bob - but this is the first I've seen of this particular effort. If I missed it, I bet some others did, too! April knows I support her - but I could not support her in this particular effort, not having a clue it existed. Off to pledge...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bob - I don't know where or when this was previously discussed, but I can tell you for sure that this is the first I've seen this particular effort. If I missed it until today, there may be many others who did as well! Until today, I'd only known about the Pepsi grant effort. I will be thrilled to pledge my support in this effort. Are there any OTHER things I've missed??

    ReplyDelete